“Trends to Become Future Ready”
with Sara Kooperman, SCW Fitness
Monday, June 21
1:00 – 2:00 pm CST
In this innovative webinar, we will examine key concepts and tactical strategies for a future-ready fitness business. Analyze and interpret current design and programming trends from industry institutions and academicians (ACSM and Active Wellness just to name two!). Gain invaluable insights and resources to continue better success through 2021.
June 2, 2021
Are you aware of fun holidays? I think every day has something fun to celebrate. Now and again, you may see a silly story on our FB or IG account with one of these fun holidays. We wanted to put together a list of more fun holidays for you – find creative was to use these holidays at your facility to engage with your members!
- Say Something Nice Day, June 1st
- Do 10 burpees if someone says something nice to you
- Pay a compliment to each member of your class today
- Repeat Day, June 3rd
- June Bug Day, June 7th
- Sounds like some dead bugs should be in today’s workout routine
- National Making Life Beautiful Day, June 11th
- Isn’t this every day at your club?
- Superman Day, June 12th
- Supermans for the win today!
- No Orange Clothes Day, June 16th
- Maybe you can celebrate being a rebel if your facility has the color Orange affiliated with your club
- Dump the Pump Day, June 17th
- Okay, I don’t know what this is but I bet you can get creative
- Juneteenth, June 19th
- If you are not aware of this holiday, look it up. Celebrate it!!
- Father’s Day, June 20th
- Okay, so this one you should be aware of. We added it to the list as a reminder 😃
- National Selfie Day, June 21st
- Set up a selfie booth in front of your logo wall
- National Hydration Day, June 23rd
- Hand out bottles of water
- National Insurance Awareness Day, June 28th
- There’s no better time than now to promote those Fitness Incentive Programs
We hope this list will help you come up with your own creative ways to add a little fun to your days, all while you engage with your members!
May 27th, 2021
Does your facility offer membership discounts for military or first responders? How much of a discount should you offer? These are questions that get asked by facilities but also a question that not all potential members would think to ask before signing up with your facility.
Here is a breakdown of some discounts offered:
- Waive annual maintenance fee
- Corporate rates
- 10-15% discount for military (active/retired)
- 10% discount for first responders
- A facility let us know that they offer a whopping 40% discount!!
- Another facility offers a 25% discount to law enforcement and EMT while fire fighters enjoy a 100% discount!!
We cannot recommend enough that if you are going to offer a discount of any kind that you have a written policy.
- What type of membership is required to receive the discount ( single/family, annual membership, paid in full membership, daily rates discounted?)?
- Do family members get to enjoy the discount as well?
- When you offer a military discount include who the discount applies to; such as all military, only active duty, not including Guard, or if leave paperwork is required to receive a daily discount.
May 31st, 2021
Memorial Day holds a special place in our hearts. This is a day meant to remember and honor the women and men who died while serving in the US Military. Many of us use this weekend to kick off our summer events of camping, grilling out, and connecting with family and friends. We ask you to take just a few moments and reflect on what this day means to you and the reason we celebrate/honor those who died for our country.
Our office will be closed on Monday, May 31st. We will be back at 8am Tuesday morning and ready for the submission of May workouts.
$100 June Spotlight Contest:
The NIHCA Spotlight offers a chance to win $100 for your club and an opportunity to cast some “Spotlight” on your amazing facility, your awesome staff and your dedicated members!
Summer Time = Town Celebrations!
How do you get your facility involved
with your local town celebrations?
$100 will be awarded to the NIHCA club with the best response. Send in your video and/or pictures along with your story to: email@example.com
We will announce the winner in the upcoming newsletter, blog, Facebook and Instagram, while promoting your amazing facility! All entries must be received by June 15th to be considered!
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call NIHCA at 320.722.0084 and ask for Erica.
Please note that all pictures, videos, and promotional material may be used on our website, blog, and in our newsletters as it pertains to the Spotlight Challenge.