June 2, 2021
Are you aware of fun holidays? I think every day has something fun to celebrate. Now and again, you may see a silly story on our FB or IG account with one of these fun holidays. We wanted to put together a list of more fun holidays for you – find creative was to use these holidays at your facility to engage with your members!
- Say Something Nice Day, June 1st
- Do 10 burpees if someone says something nice to you
- Pay a compliment to each member of your class today
- Repeat Day, June 3rd
- June Bug Day, June 7th
- Sounds like some dead bugs should be in today’s workout routine
- National Making Life Beautiful Day, June 11th
- Isn’t this every day at your club?
- Superman Day, June 12th
- Supermans for the win today!
- No Orange Clothes Day, June 16th
- Maybe you can celebrate being a rebel if your facility has the color Orange affiliated with your club
- Dump the Pump Day, June 17th
- Okay, I don’t know what this is but I bet you can get creative
- Juneteenth, June 19th
- If you are not aware of this holiday, look it up. Celebrate it!!
- Father’s Day, June 20th
- Okay, so this one you should be aware of. We added it to the list as a reminder 😃
- National Selfie Day, June 21st
- Set up a selfie booth in front of your logo wall
- National Hydration Day, June 23rd
- Hand out bottles of water
- National Insurance Awareness Day, June 28th
- There’s no better time than now to promote those Fitness Incentive Programs
We hope this list will help you come up with your own creative ways to add a little fun to your days, all while you engage with your members!
May 26th, 2021 Spotlight Winner
NIHCA $100 May Spotlight Challenge: Spring Into Action ~ How do you encourage potential members to try your facility?
Congratulations to Fitaholic Fitness in Woodbury, MN
Fitaholic Fitness Woodbury offers “a free week of classes to anyone who is interested in becoming a part of our Fitaholic Fam. We believe that when you find the right gym, it becomes that much easier to stick to your goals, achieve them and all around be successful! We are there with you every step of the way with accountability through our 1:1 coaching and nutritional guides, to help with the other piece of the pie (no pun intended) when it comes to health and fitness!”
Congratulations, Fitaholic Fitness – Woodbury! We love to hear that you become a family for your members.
May 12, 2021
Did you know that there is a National Physical Fitness Month? There is, and we are in it now! May has been the National Physical Fitness month for almost 40 years!! Wow, that’s longer than some of you have been around.
What does this mean for you? It is a perfect month to promote and have fun. Physical Fitness entails so much more than physical health. Here are a few reminders of what physical fitness can do for you, your members, and your community
- Increase fun
- Get out and play a game of catch with a child or a neighbor
- Put together a dodge ball or pickleball tournament at your club
- Create everlasting friendships
- Invite a friend to workout with you, buy them a day pass at your club
- Schedule a daily or weekly walk with a friend to visit over movement instead of pastries
- Improve mental health
- Study after study has shown that physical fitness is the least utilized drug for improved mental health
- Fresh air and sunshine improve mental health
Dust off those shoes, kick up your heels, get out, get active, and have FUN.
May 5th, 2021
Where would we be without our Mother? Probably not here reading this blog.
Mother’s Day is just a hop and skip away, have you thought ahead or are you scrambling to put something together? Here is a hint; your mom doesn’t just want quiet time. We put together a short list of ideas to help you out this year.
- A gym membership (could there be anything better?!!)
- Personal trainer lessons
- Activity tracker
- A fun new water bottle
- Go on a walk/hike with her and pick a wildflower bouquet
- Prepare a fresh fruit snack and clean up the kitchen
- Be present
Time passes faster with each passing year. Mother’s Day is a great time to take a breath and remember to pause and be thankful for where you are today.
You are here. You matter to someone. You have the opportunity to make a difference.
April 28th, 2021
Who doesn’t love a discount? Who couldn’t use a savings on products and services you need?
Did you know that your NIHCA membership comes with the opportunity to save money on products and services you already need at your club? We strive to provide YOU with what you need to continue to grow a successful business. NIHCA’s goal is to offer cooperative buying power for our fitness centers, nationwide. From cleaning supplies to fitness equipment, we want to help you get a discount for the products needed today.
Check out our preferred vendors and check back frequently as NIHCA will continue to build our Preferred Vendor list so your facility can reap the benefits while helping your bottom line!
Our Spring Guide is HERE!!