October 13th, 2021
Halloween is a fun holiday for kids and it should be fun for kids of all ages. Halloween doesn’t need to be scary or filled with sugary treats to be fun. Here are NIHCA’s thoughts on bringing Halloween to your club.
- Have a costume contest with bonus points for being able to complete your workout in costume
- Invite trick-or-treaters to your center when your local area is participating in the holiday. Ideas of what to hand out:
- Promo items such as pens, magnets, etc
- Healthier treats like pretzel packs, protein balls, or dried fruit
- Treat “hands” filled with candy
- Coupon Discounts to your club
- Offer a Halloween themed workout
- Hold a pumpkin throughout the workout
- Change up the names of your workouts
- Inchworm = zombie rising
- Burpees = Ghost flops
- Bearcrawl = Spider walking
- Have a Halloween “MASK” contest
It’s hard to believe Halloween is around the corner but now is the time to get something great planned for your facility. So what will you implement for Halloween this year?
May 5th, 2021
Where would we be without our Mother? Probably not here reading this blog.
Mother’s Day is just a hop and skip away, have you thought ahead or are you scrambling to put something together? Here is a hint; your mom doesn’t just want quiet time. We put together a short list of ideas to help you out this year.
- A gym membership (could there be anything better?!!)
- Personal trainer lessons
- Activity tracker
- A fun new water bottle
- Go on a walk/hike with her and pick a wildflower bouquet
- Prepare a fresh fruit snack and clean up the kitchen
- Be present
Time passes faster with each passing year. Mother’s Day is a great time to take a breath and remember to pause and be thankful for where you are today.
You are here. You matter to someone. You have the opportunity to make a difference.
Don’t forget to get your February Spotlight Challenge entries in by Monday the 15th!