Membership Discounts for Military, First Responders, etc
May 27th, 2021
Does your facility offer membership discounts for military or first responders? How much of a discount should you offer? These are questions that get asked by facilities but also a question that not all potential members would think to ask before signing up with your facility.
Here is a breakdown of some discounts offered:
- Waive annual maintenance fee
- Corporate rates
- 10-15% discount for military (active/retired)
- 10% discount for first responders
- A facility let us know that they offer a whopping 40% discount!!
- Another facility offers a 25% discount to law enforcement and EMT while fire fighters enjoy a 100% discount!!
We cannot recommend enough that if you are going to offer a discount of any kind that you have a written policy.
- What type of membership is required to receive the discount ( single/family, annual membership, paid in full membership, daily rates discounted?)?
- Do family members get to enjoy the discount as well?
- When you offer a military discount include who the discount applies to; such as all military, only active duty, not including Guard, or if leave paperwork is required to receive a daily discount.