Licensed Classes in the Fitness Facility
NIHCA has been asked by some of our members about what other facilities use or how to justify the cost of the licensed classes. This is a great question as you are all looking to offer members the best experience while at your facility. However, the answer is individualized by each facility.
There are a few factors to consider in looking to purchase or continue with a licensed class:
- Can we find a consistent instructor and keep them on board
- Do we have a large enough following to pay for the license
- Are classes free to all members
- Do we charge a minimal fee to members and non-members
- Do we have an alternative to the licensed classes that would be as effective
- Do we have the space
- Do we currently have enough space to designate to the classes
- Could our current class space be repurposed with a greater return
As in all great questions; there isn’t one good answer but there are more questions to find the right answer for you!
One NIHCA member offers 2 different licensed classes and they are some of the highest attended classes. They offer each new launch free to new participants and have found a great return in doing this.
A second NIHCA member has dropped all licensed classes and now offers a “home-grown” version of the classes and has found a good following.
“Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.” – Voltaire